Conflict at Gymnastics

I did Gymnastics for 4 years. I loved it. It was my passion. I never thought I’d ever love anything more in my life than I loved gymnastics. I loved my coaches they were like my family. I took gymnastics at WPA in Oxford Al.  It was so much fun to me, and it kept me going.

Until one day, on a Tuesday, I wen’t to gym practice. It was a regular 4-7 gymnastics practice. Nothing was odd to me, Until I got on the beam. I did my beam routine just fine, after I finished my beam routine, I started practicing other skills.

I was all about learning new things, and new skills on the beam. Beam wasn’t my favorite but I still loved it. It was all about balance which I wasn’t the best at. So I decided to learn something new. I had been working on my back walkover on the beam for a couple of weeks so why not try it.

Once I did my back walkover a couple times on the beam being spotted, I felt motivated so I tried it by myself. One I bent over to grab the beam with my hands, my hands missed the beam and I fell completely off the beam and hurt my foot really bad. I tried to stand up but I couldn’t. At this moment, I was sure I broke my foot.

Gymnastics was my favorite thing ever, no doubt! I knew that with having such a dangerous sport there was going to be times where I get hurt, and injuries will take place. However, my mom told me she didn’t like me doing gymnastics because of how dangerous it could be and said “If you get hurt, i’m taking you out of the sport”, at this moment I knew that I would know longer be doing gymnastics. This caused conflict in the gym, and where I did gymnastics at.

One thought on “Conflict at Gymnastics”